WAIDROKA BAY RESORT TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Regular Bookings (this does not apply to large groups or Dive Group Bookings) may be canceled as per the following cancellation terms:
- Once a Booking is confirmed and deposit has been paid it is a final confirmed booking
- Any final confirmed booking, which is canceled any time after the deposit payment and prior to 45 days before guest arrival (which is when final payment is due) can be fully canceled, whilst there will be NO REFUND of the 25% deposit paid originally at the booking confirmation. The clients thereby forfeit their original 25% deposit payment and the rooms will be released by WBR immediately.
- Any final confirmed booking, which is canceled after the deposit payment and also after the 45 days prior to guest arrival is not due ANY REFUND of their by now full 100% payment. The clients thereby forfeit their full 100% payment for this booking and the rooms will be released by WBR immediately.
- If at any stage WBR refunds any client a part or the full booking value a 5% handling fee is always applied.
- All cancellations have to be in writing and will be noted as received on the date of the respective e-mail or fax.
- If a respective booking is requested to be changed, WBR will try to accommodate such change without any additional fees to the client, however, if such change will result in any loss of revenue or a reduced booking volume, WBR reserves the right to fully recalculate the quotation and adapt from the original booking. A 5% handling fee may apply dependent on the nature of the changes.
- Unused portions of the diving, surfing, fishing food or accommodation packages or bookings not utilized by the customers’ choice or diving, surfing and fishing canceled as a result of weather or acts of god are non-transferable and non-refundable. No part of any booking can be transferred from one guest to another unless this is agreed to by WBR.
- No refunds are given where a guest fails to complete a dive or any other activity due to his/her inability to complete such activity at the time and date.
- No refunds are given where a guest fails to complete an activity which is pre-booked and he/she are simply not willing to utilize such activity due to ‘changing his/her mind’ or out of whatever reason not being able to utilize such pre-booked activities etc…
- Late notice changes (less than 48 hours) of your arrival details in view of having booked transport pick-up, may result in the full 100% charge of such pick-up in addition to charges for your new pick-up. WBR will always try to prevent any additional charges to the customer, but as with transfers WBR is using a third party – if the transport operator will charge WBR – WBR in turn will have to charge the client for such late notice transfer changes.
DEFINITIONS & FURTHER TERMS:
Deposit: Deposit payment (25%) is due at the initial booking time period, after the quotation process and the final confirmation of the client to approve a specific quotation and now wishing to finalize. Once a deposit is paid WBR guarantees the booking in all of its parts and will ensure to hold the room(s) accordingly. Only once deposit payment is received by WBR is a booking a “final confirmed booking’.
Final Payment: Final payment (75%) is due latest 45 days prior to guest arrival. Once the time period for final payment is triggered (45 days prior to arrival date) all clients must have paid their respective final payment and WBR reserves the right to release the rooms with immediate effect and the client will forfeit the booking payment – in case final payment was not made.
Payment Method: All prices and package prices are quoted in Fijian dollars (FJD) and represent the FJD dollar amount to be received by WBR in Fiji. Payment is accepted by FJD cheque or by direct transfer to the WBR bank account – or credit card. Any charges incurred in remitting the funds to WBR, will be borne by the client. Payments by any other means (non-Fijian currencies, credit card etc…) are accepted by mutual agreement, but may be subject to a further administration charge.
Pricing: All final prices for any booking/reservation shall always include ‘VAT’ (currently at 9%), Environment & Climate Adaptation Levy (ECAL – currently at 10%) and ‘Hotel Service Turnover Tax’ (‘STT’ – currently at 6%). Rates may be subject to possible changes, without prior notice, in case of sudden or unexpected cost- or tax-increases in the market. Prices do not include taxes not specified in the price list or changes in tax rates, or other charges that governments or service providers may impose from time to time. Guest will be responsible for paying any such additional taxes/charges on check-out. WBR will communicate any changes to any pricing, as soon as the details are made available to WBR.
Documentation: A valid passport is required, with validity for at least 3 months after the return from travel.
All scuba divers must be medically fit to participate in SCUBA diving activities and hold current certification from an accredited and well-recognized diving organization. Proof of certification will be requested prior to diving. Guests will be required to sign liability waivers and assumption of risk documents prior to participation in any water-based activities. Refusal by a guest to sign such documents will prevent the resort from providing such activities. No refunds will be given in circumstances where a guest refuses to sign the appropriate documentation.
Accommodation Substitutions: WBR reserves the right, at any time for good and just cause – such as an act of god, an emergency or on-site facility problem – to substitute alternative accommodation. Any substituted accommodation will be of equal or better standard to that originally booked. If in case the standard cannot be kept, a refund for the difference in accommodation standard will be offered to the guest according to WBR’s official rates.
Children Policy: WBR’s children policy is set as follows: Children under the age of 6 years will not pay any accommodation charges. From the age of 6 to 12 years old children will pay only 50% of the normal accommodation charge increase for additional persons. Any child above the age of 12 years will pay the normal and full adult rate for accommodation. Children under the age of 6 are eligible for a FREE kids meal plan.
Guest Responsibility: Guest is required to follow any directions given by WBR whilst participating in any of WBR’s offered activities. All of WBR’s directives will be in line with safety standards and are there to provide safety to all of WBR’s guests. Any action by a guest which is described as illegal under the laws of Fiji will result in the guest being removed from the premises and the appropriate authorities being informed.
Insurance: WBR does not accept any responsibility for any delay, inconvenience or additional expense which may be caused directly or indirectly by events outside of WBR’s control. Additionally, WBR will not accept any responsibility for any injury, guest loss of or damage to personal equipment and property whilst staying at the resort, or during participating in any activity.
We strongly recommend that all guests take out TRAVEL INSURANCE, which covers all aspects of such possible causes and events. Guest intending on participating in diving or surfing activities must ensure their insurance covers them for SCUBA related or surfing related activities and has appropriate depth coverage.